Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Photographs

Here are some in-progress pictures of the construction process:

I started with all of my materials in a pile in a basket.
Then, I  placed a pendulum at the beginning to hit a marble, but after testing this and being unable to make the pendulum function properly, I moved it somewhere else

I set a train underneath the structure so that the marble would hit it, causing it to roll down the inclined plane.



I originally set it up like this, but I was having difficulty manipulating the placement of the blocks and the pendulum, so I ended up revising it later.

I moved the pendulum here, where a tower of blocks would fall on a few dominos, hitting the pendulum, causing it to swing into some more dominos.


This is a complete view of the first seven steps.

This is a complete view of the final five steps.

This is a complete view of the final few steps from a different angle.


This is what it looks like after the machine was run.


No comments:

Post a Comment